Castles and Nuclear Bunkers

Darwin and I walked into Sedbergh today from the farm. We walked over fields, visited the worm that he had put to bed the previous evening using a leaf as a blanket (it wasn’t there in the morning!) and saw a dead crow hanging from some barbed wire below a sign saying “Danger of Death. If only crows could read!

We sang songs on the walk about planets and dwarf planets. He’s starting to educate me, well I suppose we’re getting educated together, but his knowledge retention is greater than mine. He reminded me that a year on Mercury is 88 days and he knows all the currently recognised dwarf planets.

On the way there we got chatting to an old boy who told us the whereabouts of the old Motte and Bailey castle from Saxon times and a nuclear bunker from the 60’s in the same location. He used to work there. It’s now filled in!

In Sedbergh we mooched about taking photos of people without them knowing. I ought to do more if this.

We met up with Kerry in town and I walked back whilst Darwin cadged a lift.





Comments

Popular Posts