Sea Craft & Dinting Rovers

I woke early on the first morning; in fact it didn't feel like I had been to sleep at all.  However I had an ulterior motive for the early rise, and that was to catch the toilet before the other 1000 campers.

The mornings last a long time when camping, everything has to move at a much slower pace.  I boiled water on the Trianga, Pete boiled water on the gas stove and I had about 3 cups of coffee before anyone else but Pete woke.  Then bacon and sausages were cooked.  Piggy ate banana and cereal and anything he could get his hands on.

As the camping zombies began to awake I threw the ball for the dogs using one of those bendy stick things.  The only ball I could find was a heavy rubber one, but the dogs didn't mind.  I had never used one of these things before and was quite intrigued with how far I could throw the ball, so on my first attempt I put all my might into it and launched the ball with as much ferocity as I could muster up.  The ball raced into the air and went much further than I could imagine and as it landed it hit an old Rover car on the driver’s door making quite a loud thuddy noise.  It wasn't a classic Rover or anything, it was an old battered (albeit a little bit more battered now!) Rover 400 from the 90’s, and although the owner wasn't around (quite thankfully!) to apologise to, I don’t think they would have minded.  On my second attempt at throwing the ball I didn't put as much effort into it, but this didn't matter.  The ball took exactly the same trajectory and landed on the car in exactly the same place!  Much to the dogs disappointment I stopped throwing the ball after that.

Pete had brought 2 kayaks and an inflatable dinghy with him so in the afternoon everyone kitted up in their wet-suits and life jackets and did a bit of sea craft.  Piggy, Pete and I went out in the dinghy and although he was slightly wary at first he quite enjoyed it.  In fact the following day he enjoyed it so much that he fell asleep.


The kids played in the sea as often as they could, for some reason they seem immune to the cold.  That morning I showered using cold drinking water from a container, stripped to my undies in a field.  I imagine I looked liked Daniel Craig did when he emerged from the sea as James Bond but the water was so cold it made my penis invert like a cat.  Fuck that!  That would be the last time I shower in cold water during this camping holiday!

"Piggy & Leah"

"Fern"

"Shnai & Declan"

"Zombie Bunster"



Comments

Popular Posts