Jayne & Paul

Prior to setting off to the wedding I was photographing I checked the weather.  It was raining torrents at this moment in time and later it was only set to get worse with the inclusion of lightning, and things were dark.

I photographed the bride at home and then we made our way to the church.  As we entered the church the bride came across the dilemma of having no where to put her masticated chewing gum and so I offered my services being the gentleman I am, and I put the darn thing in my pocket.  I regretted this later when I removed my iPhone totally covered in second hand chewing gum!  And then she remembered that she had forgotten her bouquet!  Luckily she only lived quite literally round the corner so someone rushed back whilst we all talked to the Canon (not my camera!).  (I’ve looked up what rank a Canon is in the priesthood and for the life of me I can’t work it out.)  The Canon explained that the previous wedding was 20 minutes late because the driver took the bride to the wrong church.  At this point the sun came out and remained out for the remainder of the day. (Maybe Canon’s are proper big time and can command things like the weather?).


The reception was held in a cow shed on a working farm with superb views of the Saddleworth countryside.  The cows were evacuated for the afternoon, bales of hay were turned into make shift sofas, the buffet was super high class and bands played lovely music to entertain.  There were even posh toilets and a bar!  What a lovely venue and a lovely wedding.



Comments

Popular Posts