Sea Fishing in a Boat

24.08.14

I went sea fishing in a boat for the first time today and I loved it.  Despite tales of sea sickness and perfect storm waves the sea was like a mill pond and the sun shone gloriously.

We fished 6 miles off the coast of Rhos on Sea in North Wales among the newly installed wind turbines.  In fact there are wind turbines as far as the eye can see, not many of them seem to be working yet but it's a lovely sight.

We started catching from the start, well our side of the boat did.  The other side weren't really catching much at all but I seemed to be having Mackerel with every dip of the line.  After about an hour the young skipper moved us to another location and we started catching different fish, scary fish!  Luckily there were men on board to deal with un-hooking the scary fish, like the Thorn Back Ray, Bull Huss, Tope and Dog Fish.

I loved it, and later that night I cooked some of the mackerel I had caught for dinner.  I'm quite looking forward to going again one day.

"Thorn Back Ray (the fish, not the fella")

"Some Mackerel"

"FisherMEN"

"6 Mile of Rhos"

Comments

Popular Posts