Camping in Wales

14.08.14

Kerry, Darwin and I set off to Wales today, Piggy’s first venture to another country and his first taste of camping.

In a last bid effort, to be equipped up for emergencies I bought the following:

Paracord (very thin cord than could, if required, hold a small man for abseiling tasks)
A foldable spade (for digging foxholes and creating machine gun trenches)
A knife c/w magnesium strip (for stabbing the enemy in the throat and making fires)
Canopy c/w bungees (to aid as a quick shelter if escape is required)

Luckily Kerry’s dad was there with all the sensible stuff!  I know I have to change the way I think regarding all this stuff but we did use all of the equipment except the foldable spade, but that’s only because the toilets were semi useable, and I use the word “semi” quite optimistically.

But whilst we’re on that subject, what the fuck is up with some people?  I’m very ablutions sensitive and it upsets me to see or smell (also to hear and more so, touch!) a dirty toilet.  If I were to make a mess of a toilet I would clean it up, but not everyone thinks like that do they?  Sometimes I opt to go to the disabled toilet because it gets used less than the others, but this brings with it a different issue.  Firstly, why should I be using the disabled toilet when I’m not disabled?  What if whilst I’m in the throes of a massive poo a person in a wheelchair needs some immediate toilet time?  I would have to at least put on a fake limp when I exited the toilet.  So when I enter the disabled toilet I do it so no one sees me.  This means that I have to open the door quickly, jump inside, and then close the door quickly too, and then I put the light on.  Now then, and I’ve fallen for this one, what if someone has been there before me and messed up the toilet?  If I were to leave the toilet and get spotted by someone, and they were to then enter the toilet and see the mess, they will naturally think it’s me who did the mess, and I don’t want that.  So I have to clean up the mess, and that’s not right is it?


Any road, once the tent was set up and the air beds were inflated we took Pig down to the sea.  He loved it, a little bit too much really.  In fact I reckon that if we left him to it he would have swam over to Ireland by now.

"Looking at the Llyn Peninsula"




Comments

Popular Posts