Oops Upside Your Head

I mentioned in a previous post that Kerry, my Fiance, isn't as funny as me.  She isn't!  However, every now and then she is able to make me laugh, whether she does this purposely is another matter, but she makes Darwin laugh a lot and like I say, every now and then, me.

So whilst we were watching Jools Holland's Hootenanny (I hate that word) Charlie Wilson from the Gap Band fame came on to sing the legendary song "Oops Upside Your Head".  Several of the enthused crowd dropped to the floor to begin the customary rowing dance that accompanies the song.

Kerry then asked, "was this dance created by a wheel chair person?".  I laughed, but then thought maybe she has a point.  This is an ideal dance for the disabled, either in their wheel chairs or plopped on the floor.

I looked up the dance and it's origins and it is accredited to Alex Dyke, a BBC Radio Solent DJ.  His Wiki page doesn't say whether he can walk or not, and why would it?

"Oops Upside your head" - Courtesy of World Dance Masters

Comments

Popular Posts