Found a Spider in a Kettle and Shat into a Carrier Bag

I was talking to a colleague at work today about boiling water and the cleanliness of kettles and it made me remember an incident from when Shaun and I lived together.

Shaun and I had lived together for a number of years and quite naturally we were both fond of a brew.  I'm very suspicious about northern people who don't drink coffee or tea!  Our way of making a brew simply began by placing the kettle under the tap and filling it with water via the spout.  However on one occasion Jade made the brews and his method differed slightly.  He removed the lid of the kettle to fill it, but on doing so he found the translucent skeletal remains of a large spider.  Shaun and I had consumed the spiders inards in brews, and Shaun was a vegetarian at the time!

I kind of figured that it didn't do either of us any harm, however, I do remember there was one time when I got the most terrible stomach pains as I was entering the flat and my body screamed, "You need a poo NOW!".  I ran up the stairs only to find Shaun in the bath with the door locked and the toilet unavailable.  My body didn't care, it was going to have a poo whether the toilet was available or not.  Thinking quick I ran into the kitchen, double lined 2 Kwik Save carrier bags and evacuated my bowels into them.  I filled up a quarter of a bag.

I don't know if it was spider related and I don't think I've ever told Shaun about it.


Comments

Popular Posts