First Day at Nursery

Today was Darwin's first full day at nursery and I dropped him off.

Last night my sleep was fully occupied with dreams of losing him.  Firstly, Kerry and I were in a light aircraft taking Darwin for his first parachute jump (as you do!).  We launched him out of the aircraft and at that point the plane got into some trouble and began to plummet to Earth.  Fortunately it hit trees and we were ejected onto branches which saved us but then we remembered that we hadn't put Darwin's parachute on!  I awoke with a very dry mouth and in an unusual position as if I had been screaming and thrashing for a while.  I went to the toilet and drank some water.

When I went back to sleep we were at a Christmas Party.  Darwin was being passed around folk and we lost concentration who he was with, then before we knew it we didn't know where he was.  A search began but we couldn't find him!

On the way to the nursery the Beatles song "She's leaving home" was in my head.

Coincidentally Darwin's coat hook animal is a frog.  I wonder if it knows any swear words?

On the way out the nursery manager asked me about fees.  That was the big slap in the face I needed to get over it!




Comments

Popular Posts