End of Year Portraits

We all, bar Simon, met up at Emma's this year for portraits of the family.  All the kids ran round like mental and it made me feel warm and nice that soon Mr Pig would be doing the same.  Life's a funny thing and I get reminded quite frequently now that what I previously thought about life, and its meaning, was all wrong.

And time is going far quicker than it ever has done!  The memories of all us siblings at Christmas time is crystal clear to me and it doesn't seem so long ago.  I remember asking my dad about the "olden days" when I was about 10 ("olden days" = When he was 10).  He would tell stories from 1950, post war Britain in the pre-Rock n Roll era.  My dad is 30 years older than me but he could have been 300 years older and as a child it wouldn't have made any difference, it all fell into the "ancient history" category.  I'm nearly 43 years older than Darwin, this will be the equivalent of my dad recalling stories from 1937, and Britain was a totally different place at this time!

Any road.

Fee n Eef

"Loks, Bells & the Falcon"

"Darwin"



Comments

Popular Posts