A Few Hours in Rossendale

On one of the days throughout Christmas I did manage to get a few hours off, so I grabbed the camera and drove around Rossendale taking photos.  I like Rossendale but Jesus, it can look miserable every now and then.  And the local MP does my nut in.  I'll not expand, it requires a post of its own.

One thing I realised is that whenever I get my hair cut I turn into the Bourne Identity fella.  My hairdresser doesn't make much conversation in English and always has plenty of visitors, none of them English speakers.  Is this racist?  However as I sit and he cuts I'm calculating what to do if the situation turns nasty.  He uses a cut throat and it sits in front of me, but this will be the last weapon I choose.  There are at least 3 pairs of scissors, all of which I would use to stab people, in the neck, thigh and stomach, I don't want any rebounds off bone you see.  The chair would be used to throw through the window and the cutthroat for deep flesh wounds if needed.  The hairdryer is only cheap so I think I could easily rip it from the electrical chord and use this as a method of torture if required.  There is also a cheap bottle of after shave, this could be used on wounds for interrogation purposes if required.  No other place makes me feel like this and in reality if it did kick off I would probably poo my pants and refuse to tip him.

I found a church in Haslingden that offers the service "Marriages Solemnized".  Being unfamiliar with the word "Solemnized" I actually read it as "Sodomized" which wouldn't have surprised me in Haslingden.

"Haslingden 2014"

"Marriages Solemnized"

"The Barbers"

"Cloughfold 2014"

Comments

Popular Posts