In the City

On Saturday we Baerons went into the city. We parked at the Arndale Centre and Kerry asked why there were so many Arndale Centres. I've asked myself this on a couple of occasions having noticed Arndales in Accrington, Lancaster, Morecambe, Sunderland & Manchester. Google's a great thing isn't it, and coupled together with mobile technology there's never a need to be ignorant to such questions. Any road, 2 blokes named Arnold Hagenbach and Sam Chippendale invented them and "Arndale" is a portmaneau of both their names.

I like Darwin to be exposed to as much stimulation as possible and certainly Manchester never fails to stimulate.  After the Arndale we walked to the City Art Gallery, getting off Market Street as soon as possible because it became too much stimulation for Kerry and I, and made our way up to where the kids play.  Darwin played with cups and waste paper baskets.

We then had a look at some classic paintings and he gave an "Ooo" to a Renoir.  I don't think he was too impressed with the other artists as he never made a sound.

After that we made our way to M&S to buy some food.  "How very posh!", you may say, and I did feel a little middle class myself.  However on the inside my very working class brain was shouting "M&S for food, who the fuck do you think you are, Bill Gates?".  The food was nice though and really not quite as expensive as I had imagined, but the people (the customers), Jesus.  What an absolute bunch of ignorant stuck up wankers!  It feels like the further you go up the class system the more twatty folk become.  Or is this just city life?

"Darwin with Cup"

"Darwin waiting for a Nappy Change"

"Darwin in a Bucket"
* Note:  I'm using his real name a lot more nowadays.

Comments

Popular Posts