Two Old Men and Their Dogs

I walked around Sedbergh at the weekend with my camera in hand. I didn’t have any agenda of what to photograph but people are my thing so I imagined that would take up most of my photography.

I met a chap and his dog named Tony Hartley (the chap, not the dog. I don’t what the dog’s name was.) We chatted for a while, he’s originally from South Yorkshire and was a farmer. He got done over by a Bull once which really sealed his career. He spoke about his grandchildren, a black filly and a lead crystal decanter, as well as many other topics.

The following day a met a chap and his dog named David Airey (the chap again, not the dog!). He’s was born in Sedbergh and used to live in a house with Asbestos walls. He used to be an electrician. He told me that the name Airey originates from Leeds way near to the river Aire.

Both were lovely gentlemen and I might make it a point to photograph more old folk in the town.
"Tony Hartley"

"David Airey"

"David Airey"

Comments

Popular Posts