No Such Thing as a Fat Jedi

We had our first visit to Father Christmas this weekend, bla bla bla, lots of comments about Christmas coming earlier each year. Actually we saw the same Father Christmas at the same event last year, only last year the event did happen in December, not the teenage days of November! And coincidentally we saw him just before we went to Kendal to get our hair cut like we did this year too. We are creatures of habit aren’t we?

Darwin insisted on taking his light sabre as he was concerned about the presence of zombies. I asked whether he thought Father Christmas was a Jedi and had a light sabre. He called me a muppet and told not to be silly because Jedi’s aren’t fat. Fact is I don’t know. He’s only seen the Phantom Menace but there are quite a lot of Jedi’s in that, and I don’t know if there are any fat ones. I’ll have to text Dson.

Darwin was thrilled to bits to have a chat with Father Christmas though. “Daddy, can you tell Father Christmas that I’ve been good?” he asked before we entered the building. Obviously I told him that he was all-seeing and of an omnipotent nature.

Kerry is already feeling Christmassy. Me not too much but I do get excited for Darwin. I am however quite excited about the nativity play. This year Darwin has a speaking part, The Innkeeper. His exact line is “Sorry we haven’t got any room, but you can sleep in the stable”. I’ve been trying to coach him. In my opinion we should drop the apology and a preposition and take a sterner approach. In a Brian Blessed style I think he should say, “We have no room, you’ll have to sleep in the stable”. Any road what do I know? I am really looking forward to it though.




Comments

Popular Posts