Manchester - So Much To Answer For

It’s funny how you become accustomed to stuff isn’t it? There’s a couple of Emu’s in the field at the bottom of our road. The first time I saw them I was like “Wow, WTF? Where’s Rod Hull?” and I would stand and watch them, even try to call out to them and interact. Nowadays I simply drive by and don’t even look at it. It could be whipping a sheep’s face with its big Emu dick and I don’t think I’d bat an eye lid.

I haven’t been to Manchester city centre for a while, it was probably before we moved more than 18 months ago, and in this time I’ve become unused to its ways and acclimatised to the country ways. Consequently Manchester is a strange big beast to me now.

They dress sheep up in windows for fashion purposes. There used to be 2 black lads that cycled through Sedbergh during the evening (I don’t know whether I should be concerned that I haven’t seen them in a while!) but as far as ethnic diversity goes that’s it for Sedbergh. I saw 3 transvestites within 15 minutes in Manchester, however we do have one in Sedbergh (I’ve spoken to him/her and he/she is a very pleasant human being). Manchester has a population of 2.7 million people (Metro), Sedbergh has 2.7 thousand. I spent the day being amazed again. And that’s good for a photographer, I’ll have to spend a day there photographing stuff.

Anyway, we had a bit of a mooch, went to the City Art Gallery like we used to in the olden days and then drove for about 4 hours to get home.








Comments

Popular Posts