Bobby Sands's Bog


I was out photographing at the weekend and I parked the car at the Fell End Methodist Chapel (54.389055, -2.427164) whilst I took a photo of some sheep. When I returned to the car I was in desperate need of a pee and I noticed the chapel had a little outhouse with the door open. I looked inside and all desire of needing to go to the toilet left me instantly.

What faced me looked like Bobby Sands's toilet. There was a toilet roll in there, and some hand sanitizer bizarrely, and things did appear to be ‘Fresh-ish’ (so to speak). I think I’ve spoken before about my delicate toilet habits, this was something else!

I took a few photos and then became quite concerned. I was in the middle of nowhere. And not only that, this was an outhouse attached to a place of God, which made things a lot more sinister. What if a mad muscular evil priest was to confront me and discover his dirty protest secret has been stumbled across? I imagined being bungled into the chapel with lots of carcasses, being dumped in a well and watching him as he danced about the room with his penis tucked between his legs, probably covered in poop.

I quickly drove away.


Comments

Popular Posts