Mike Tyson the Goat

My 2 DSLR’s are getting a little dated now so I’ve been thinking about upgrading. The images are good quality and far superior to the iPhone but still I find myself using the iPhone for most of my photography. This is a mixture of laziness and convenience but is there any need for a bulky SLR nowadays? I reckon if I turned up to do a wedding with my iPhone folk would kick off so the SLR’s definitely makes an appearance at these events but do I need something as big and bulky to do standard every day photography? I want better images and more control than the iPhone so this weekend I bought my first non-SLR camera in 15 years, a Fuji X100T.

It’s lovely and retro looking and does take fantastic sharp images. I’m still getting used to the controls and am yet to master metering and AE locks but already it’s making me take more images and I like that. 

Piggy was with me when I bought it. When I’m carrying him on my shoulders he likes to eat my hair and he likes to bite my ears because he finds it funny when I scream. It’s like carrying a goat with the spirit of Mike Tyson inside of it. 

Afterwards he wanted an ice cream, and knowing that he wouldn’t eat any of it resulting in it simply melting all down his face and clothes I denied his request. Consequently he kicked off. I let him burn out a bit and then asked him a few teaser questions to get him going again. 

"Do you want to go and see Mummy?” I asked. 

"NO”, he replied sharply and loud.

"Do you want a drink of juice?” 

“NO” 

"Do you want to see a monkey?” 

“NO” 

"Do you want to see a monkey riding a cat?”

“NO” 

“Do you want to see a monkey driving a digger?” 

“Yes”, he replied softly and ambitious. 

And so we did, or at least he thinks we did.

The first pic with the X100T

"Piggy at the Fishermans"

"Bunster at the Fishermans"

Comments

Popular Posts