Violent Gandalf

18 Spitfires and 6 Hurricanes made a flypast this week down south to commemorate “The Hardest Day” of the Battle of Britain. I felt slightly envious. I had to settle with taking Piggy to Manchester Airport to watch some jet planes landing and taking off, which he enjoyed very much.

That area attracts some special folk doesn’t it? And I mean Plane Spotters. I felt envy again when I looked at their photographic kit, top of the range SLR’s all sporting large white EF Canon lenses, but Jesus, their images must be shit boring. 

We had a look inside 2 planes, an Avro RJX and a Trident. Much to my disappointment the Nimrod wasn’t open but Piggy was delighted. In the cockpit of the Trident I decided that there are far too many dials and controls to be bothered about, surely all you need is up, down, left and right, a throttle and a brake? No wonder that pilot ditched his aircraft into the French Alps, it was probably all the controls and gauges that made him depressed! 

After an hour or so we decided we had seen everything we were going to see and made our way to Tatton Park. The flowers are at the peak of bloom, they’re beautiful. I found a piece of bamboo which I knew Piggy would want, he likes sticks, and for the remainder of the day he walked round like a violent dwarf Gandalf attacking me whenever possible.









"Gandalf"


Comments

Popular Posts