Working Class Photo Shoots

I don't have any photos from my childhood between the ages of 18 months and 15, they all belong to my dad and he's quite possessive about them.  He even has cine film from when I was a baby but he doesn't want me to have it.

However, I do remember that the thing that would spark any photo shoot off is if any one of the family got dressed up.  So if my parents had got dressed up to go out playing Bingo or something they would make me take a photo of them, big light on in the living room etc., and dependent on whether there was enough film or flashcubes left, maybe we would have a photo together, me dressed in trousers that were too small, cardigan and slippers whilst everyone was dressed up to the hilt.

Kerry and I went out on Saturday night and before we left the house she said, "Ooo, let's get a photo".  She even insisted that Mr Pig got in on the shot.

Never ending circles Piggy, never ending circles!




Comments

Popular Posts