Gimp Snowman

A friend of mine used to make frequent trips to Japan.  On one occasion we got talking about whisky and how mental the Japanese are for it.  The Japanese have a number of single malt whiskys that all started with a conscious effort to directly replicate Scotch whisky.  Over time they have won a number of awards in blind tests.

"Have you ever tasted Sake?", he asked.  I hadn't, so he promised that the next time he went over to Japan he would bring me back some original Sake.  He kept to his word and brought me back 3 small ornamental bottles of the stuff, I was most touched.

That evening, despite my reluctance to spoil the set of 3 lovely looking bottles, I opened up one to try.  I've never tasted my own piss but that's how I imagine it would taste.  "Did you try that Sake?", he asked the next time I saw him.  "Yeah, it tasted like piss", I said.  He agreed and said, "I thought it was disgusting too".

When I got in on Friday night I looked at the one remaining bottle (God knows where the other one went!) and it looked like a gimp snowman.

"Gimp Snowman"



Comments

Popular Posts