Sometimes it's Good to be Ill

Most people don't truly understand the beauty of Atheism, particularly when it comes to death.  And if you only get to understand just before you die then sadly you've missed the point a bit.  Life is like a beautiful cake (this is in no way like Gumps "Box of Chocolates" quote, which is bollocks anyway.  Of course you know what you're gonna get, you look at the map.  In my house all the fucking good chocolates go first leaving only the shit rock hard chocolates or the coffee ones, so someone knows what they're getting!), you enjoy the cake, you really enjoy the cake and at the end of it you don't feel sad because you've eaten all the cake you feel glad that you got to eat the cake in the first place.

Any road, last week when I had pneumonia, every step of my journey to the car before going to work was a nightmare.  Some mornings I didn't think I was going to make it.  I was shivering, it felt painful to walk and I was struggling to breath, but this morning was totally different.  It felt warm (it was 9º), it was raining hard, a thrush was going mental singing like it was pissed and Mr Piggy had just waved me off smiling.

Life is beautiful, like a lovely cake.

(On a separate note how annoying is the song "My Way" for a funeral?  Unless you refused to go to school, was always in and out of prison (mostly escaping by your own means), probably had really bad toilet habits and roamed around naked most of the time, the likelihood is that you didn't do it your way at all.  Unless your way was to conform with society, get a job and be told what to do most days of your life, then your way is probably just like everyone else's way and that song shouldn't be played at your funeral at all!)

"The Walk to the Car"

Comments

Popular Posts