The Pre-Transvestite Brotherhood

I have a theory!  The Pre-Raphaelite lads were a bunch of blokes that liked to dress up as women and draw each other.  There, I've said it.  The drawing was secondary, it gave them a reason to cover up their shame, but their evenings would have been filled with talk like:

"Make sure you don't get my Adams apple in", (which in my opinion sometimes got ignored or had to be radically covered up afterwards)

"Don't make my hands look too big"

"Should I shave my legs?"

"You can't see my cock through this dress can you?"

"Can you paint over that pipe with some flowers please Dante?"

If I were an art teacher I probably wouldn't have awarded a grade any higher than a "C" for the majority of the PRB's paintings, and I would have probably have put a big red cross through the paintings and written "must try harder".

(I do love Manchester City Art Gallery though!)

"William Holman Hunt, in a dress!" - Julia Margaret Cameron

"Rossetti working on making his hands appear smaller" - Lewis Carroll!

"John Everett Millais"

"Aurelia - Rossetti" looking very much like Millais!
 

"Millais with Adams Apple covered?"

Comments

Popular Posts