Rib Eye, Fillet Steak and a Bit of Learnin

If I was ever banged on Death Row, or anything with a "Last Meal" scenario, I would choose either Fillet Steak, or Rib Eye complimented with a dark and fruity red wine.

Whilst I was in Rawtenstall I bobbed into the new butchers and purchased 3 Rib Eye steaks.  There was an old lady in front of me buying some braising steak whilst her husband waited in the rain outside.  I liked the look of this scene and took a photo.

I took this opportunity to learn where the Fillet and Rib Eye cuts came from and the Butcher was kind enough to teach me.  He brought huge parts of the cow to me, including a cows back, and showed me exactly where they came from.  The Rib Eye was expensive but at least I did some learnin too.

"Waiting for the Wife"

Comments

Popular Posts