You Little Shit

Darwin appears to have reached a new conscious level recently. Last night he sat on the table and told Kerry and I all about his day coupled together with reasonings for decisions and describing emotional responses. It was one of those conversations where Kerry and I spent most of the time glancing at each other nearly laughing and subconsciously saying ‘Can you hear this?’.

Most days he says he can’t remember either who he played with or what he has learned but he responds well to the count. That is, whenever he refuses to do something I say, “Right! You’ve got 3 seconds” and I begin to count down. And this tends to get him doing virtually anything, including remembering events from his day.

A while ago DSon’s wife’s cousin, Scott, asked me if I ever feel like I don’t want Darwin to get any older? Not for any nefarious reasons, simply because he’s so cute and lovely. I get those feelings all the time.

The other weekend we were in an antique furniture place and Pete spotted some binoculars on sale for £10. A few years ago he had bought the exact model for £80 second hand and they were a very good piece of kit with Carl Zeiss lenses. He put them down for a minute with the intention of buying them after looking at some furniture however a woman had picked them up in the meantime and was intent on buying them. “Shit” he said very quietly. Darwin was on my shoulders and said quite loudly, “You little shit!”. I instinctively laughed which caused him to say it again and again.


Comments

Popular Posts