Summer Camp

We had a few nights away in the Borrowdale valley the other week on a campsite at the south end of Derwentwater.  I opened our tent prior to going in order to ensure it was in good order only to find that it was in crap order.  Several large holes caused by mold had appeared and the smell was horrendous!  Fortunately Pete had bought a second hand one which was even better.
We mooched down to the River Derwent, an absolutely lovely river where a few weeks earlier as Kerry and I were discussing the rarity of kingfishers, a kingfisher flew by that was being chased by another kingfisher, remarkable.
We had an open top bus ride into Keswick and had a lazy mooch about.  Whilst Kerry and Pete were looking at stuff in a shop Darwin and I waited outside.  In front of the shop was a mobile climbing wall encouraging kids to climb it.  Darwin was desperate to have a go and who was I to deny him?  He was fearless and shot up the wall, once again I felt so proud.  I wonder if he has a natural talent for climbing or whether it’s simply because we’re simian with opposable thumbs and it’s in our nature, probably the latter!  I’m still proud that he has opposable thumbs!  But I think I’d still be proud if he didn’t!  Any road….
The first night was mentally hot so I sat in the tent naked drinking whisky until I felt a little sleepier.

Kerry Worrying about Darwin on the Wall




Darwin Levitating on Water




Comments

Popular Posts