Uldale Force

We had heard about Uldale Force a few days ago, an impressive waterfall hidden in the depths of the moors and voted one of the best places to have a wild swim. So we took off into the moors to find it.

I thought we lived out of the way but some of the house round here are proper desolate. We saw rabbits and a monster in a Christmas tree field and, for the first time ever in the proper wild, a red squirrel. We came to a farm that homed the angriest border collies ever and then set off into the moors.

As we ascended the river we made an interesting find, an area where fossils can be found, Graptolites I think. We’ll have to go again and investigate further.

I eventually made my way to the waterfall myself, it was a little too treacherous for the boy and wife. And even though it isn’t quite Niagra it is a lovely little spot.
 
 
 
"Uldale Force"


 

Comments

Popular Posts