Late Night Opening

14/12/16

It was late night shopping in Sedbergh this week. Jesus, we’ve only got about 3 shops but it was all lovely anyway.

We had another appointment with the man Santa and choirs sang carols in the street. I heard the carols but by the time we past the area there was an exhibition of modern day street dancing. I wouldn’t have allowed that if I was in charge of the committee. If it didn’t appear in a Dicken’s novel it shouldn’t be making it into a Christmas festive thing.

Darwin gets recognised far more than Kerry and I do in town, however the other day I did walk past a small group of kids and I did recognise one of them. The kid said, “That’s Darwin’s dad” and they made up a non-offensive song about ‘Darwin’s Dad’.

Coincidentally, William Erasmus Darwin, the first born son of Charles Darwin died in Sedbergh in 1914.



"William Darwin"

Comments

Popular Posts