Rolling Tyres Down a Hill

04/12/16

It feels wrong if I don’t leave the house once during the day when I’m with the family. It was alright in the olden days when I was a single fella, often getting up in the afternoons and going to bed in the early hours simply watching TV and playing computer games in between. And even though a life style like that would now be impossible it doesn’t seem right. I’ll be very surprised if I revert to that lifestyle again!

So as the Sunday drew on and we hadn’t left the house Darwin and I went for a little walk in the last hour of sun light. We found a horse’s shoe (that’s good luck isn’t it?) and we also found a tyre. The latter was far more fun as we dragged it up the hill in our field and let it roll down several times. Darwin was covered in black rubber dirt by the end of the walk.

He’s in very much of a “Why?” phase at the moment and I like to do my best to answer his questions the best I can. Obviously I do occasionally lose it and have to retort to, “I don’t know” or “because it does” or “shut it yer little prick” but he does ask some interesting questions. “Why don’t we have a warm tap?” (Rather than one (too) Hot and one (too) Cold) was one from this morning. I thought that would be a good idea.

On the walk he asked me to take some photos of him. He can be quite dramatic at times.
 
 
 





Comments

Popular Posts