The Christmas Elf

02/12/16

The Christmas Elf came today. It was received with mild excitement but it kind of kicked off Christmas a little. The best thing about Christmas is the lead up isn’t it? Christmas actually comes and goes pretty quickly so I think I’m in favour of this new-fangled idea.

I realised early on that I need to pace myself with the Elf. I’ve got 24 days where I need to do something different each night and if I start by doing something mentally ace I’ll either have to keep it up throughout the month or run the risk of the Elf becoming an anti-climax. And then there are all the subsequent years afterwards too.

On the first night I made a bit of an effort but after that there were the times when I got up in the night for a slash and realised I hadn’t done owt with him, and therefore simply just had to stick him somewhere.

We tried to use the Elf as a discipline aid telling him that he listens to everything you say and watches everything you do and reports your actions every night to Santa. I don’t think he’s that stupid though!


"First Night of the Elf"

Comments

Popular Posts