Sunsets and Haircuts

03/12/16

Darwin and I had a day to ourselves today, so after swimming we got a bite to eat in the café and visited the local Christmas fayre in the church. It was full of jams and woolly hats, crap wooden toys and VHS videos for sale BUT, the man himself was there.

It’s sad that nowadays there’s a great paranoia in sitting your child on an old man’s knee, but it simply isn’t done is it? Maybe one day the world will become a little more innocent where it will be appropriate for children to sit back down on Santa’s lap without the fear that something mental will happen. Maybe if the whole Santa movement gets regulated and any Santa has to carry a badge of certification and is forced to wear metal chastity underpants that prevents erections or summat?

Any road, the Santa we met felt like (We didn’t feel him!) he was a lovely man and we had a photo with him, for free as well!

Then Darwin and I went to have haircuts in Kendal. I had the dilemma of having to look after Darwin on my own whilst I had my hair cut. Afraid that he may just get up and run out of the shop for a laugh I gave him my phone and put a Thomas the Tank Engine on for him. As soon as I started having my haircut he turned the volume up as loud as it could go and watched the episode.

On the way back we stopped off to watch the sunset.







Comments

Popular Posts