Tonight Daddy, I'll Mostly Be Being Adolf Hitler

Darwin and I had another day to ourselves so we set off to Brockholes where we could climb and slide all day long. The biggest learning point of the day was to try and be nice to other kids. He has a natural inclination to be nasty to other children at first and often growls or frowns at them. “Try smiling”, I said, “and say “Hello, my name is Darwin Baeron, what’s your name?””. We met a boy called Jack by the lake edge who wanted some help trying to lift a cast iron pipe from the lake. It was actually a pipeline but I wasn’t going to tell him that, he was only 4 but Darwin was keen to assist. And right at the start Darwin got his line in. I was pleased.

We also had a game of golf for the first time (8 hole crazy golf) for which the highlight for Darwin was watching the golf ball coming out of the sheep’s anus.

Any road, on the way there Darwin decided to play a little game. He pulled his ears out and asked, “Who am I Daddy?” I had actually played the game before and knew the answer, “Prince Charles?” I replied. “Well done” he said in a slightly patronising way. Next he contorted his arms and asked the same question, “Who am I Daddy?”. “Erm, … I don’t know Piggy” I said confused. “I’m a tree”. Next there was some more movement of the arms and the same question, “Who am I Daddy?”, “Are you Puss in Boots?”, I asked. “No…”. “Are you Thomas the Tank Engine?, “No, I’m an apple” he exclaimed. Next he put one arm up in the arm and his finger above his lip and asked “Who am I Daddy?”. “You’re not Adolf Hitler are you?” amusing myself as I asked him. “Yeyyy” was the reply, “Well done Daddy”.

He doesn’t know how funny he is sometimes.




Comments

Popular Posts