Posh Dogging

This is truly a beautiful part of our country. And it isn’t just the scenery or the clean air, or the animals or the peace, it’s the people too. The other weekend we were on the local playground along with 4 other kids. Darwin was playing with me but was showing a mild interest in the other kids. A young girl then came over and asked about Darwin, “Does he like a carry?”. Writing that down makes proper common sense but I thought she was saying “curry”, and was therefore confused for a short time thinking why was she asking that and what kind of accent is this?

Anyway she was asking if Darwin liked being carried and if it was OK to give him a carry? Until now I wasn’t familiar with the word ‘carry’ as a noun. The wonderfully pleasant kids took Darwin under their wing and played games with him. There wasn’t a swear word muttered or a knife branded during the entire time.

The other day I heard a cuckoo for the first time in my life, a woodpecker immediately after that and then I saw a massive owl.

At the night times we’re inclined to walk out and discover things. We found a tucked away campsite the other night, I bet it’s for posh dogging or summat.





Comments

Popular Posts