Fell Down the Stairs

I got up at about 2 a.m. to go to the toilet. Normally I leave the light on downstairs just in case Darwin wakes up in the middle of the night but tonight Pete had switched it off. Everything was proper dark and in instances like this I have a natural tendency to close my eyes, it’s to stop anything poking in them I suppose. That’s what happens when you grow up the era of ‘Grasshopper’, you don’t need eyes to see!

I fumbled along the corridor to where the toilet is (hastening to add that there is actually on en-suite bathroom in the bedroom I was sleeping in!) and I thought I was lifting my hand to open the door. At this point I was un-aware that I was actually standing at the top of our stairs and as I applied force and moved forward I actually fell down the stairs head first and naked. I was very lucky! I’ve ached for over a week now but I’m pretty certain that nothing is broken.

When Kerry came back that evening she gave me no sympathy whatsoever. In fact the opposite, it was all my fault and I’m pretty sure if she had her way the stairs would be adorned with written apologies from myself to the stairs.




Comments

Popular Posts