Bradley, Bradley, You've Got Shit Kids

Now that we have a big house it’s become apparent that we don’t have enough furniture. If it was down to me I’d probably just jump on Amazon and order something functional and now, but that’s mainly because I’m impatient. Kerry is impatient but in other ways but not here. We both like antique’y stuff and the quality and character it brings compared to your disposable Ikea-esque stuff, she likes the fact that stuff is getting recycled when you buy second hand and I like the fact that sometimes it’s cheaper.

So she jumped on ‘Preloved.com’ and found a dining table near Carlisle for £30. “O, my God. This is going to be so shit” I thought. At least we were still lighting the log burner at night and if it was as crap as I was expecting I could bung it straight on the fire. But, as we were driving up the long stone driveway of the huge house we were collecting it from I thought again, and actually it was quite a nice table. Neither of us have cars designed for carrying big stuff so we had to put Darwin in the front and sit the table on Kerry for the 40 minute drive back.

Emma and the kids came up in the afternoon, it’s like a pleasant whirlwind of noise and excitement whenever they do. Darwin loves it and is always upset when they have to leave. At least now we have the space for everyone to go mental. We walked up the fell and found a badger set. I say we walked, the kids actually ran up and us old folk struggled up. I imagine the kids would have walked the entire Howgills if we hadn’t have stopped them.

Josh has a natural talent for football to the extent where I would actually say he’s quite good and maybe a bit special. Ethan & Felix are excellent racing cyclists. The other week they raced against the children of Bradley Wiggins and beat them spectacularly, much to the inner satisfaction of Sarah. She was too shy to post the victory news on Facebook, I think I would have been dancing in front of Bradley chanting, “You’ve got shit kids, you’ve got shit kids, Bradley, Bradley, you’ve got shit kids”. However, when it comes to football they’re proper donkeys and Josh is spectacular.

Any road..
"Josh hoofing the ball off the fell"

"The kids shepherding sheep"

Comments

Popular Posts