Haweswater and the Bluebell Wood

I got a day to myself on Sunday so I made the choice to take the big SLR out for a change. I haven’t taken any photos with the SLR for a long time.

I didn’t have any agenda, apart from stopping off at the dandelion field, so wherever possible I tried to drive on roads I had never driven on before and see where that would take me. Whenever I saw anything worth photographing I would stop.

I walked down a bit of the River Lune near Sedbergh first watching fish jump, birds swooping and lambs cautiously playing. I then had a slow walk around a meadow and got the Macro lens out.

The winding roads then took me towards Shap but on the way there I saw the most vibrant bluebell wood I had ever seen. It was a private woods so I photographed it from the perimeter, but what a wood.

I then ended up in Haweswater. I don’t know if I’ve ever been before and if I haven’t I don’t know why not. Apart from the dam there’s something distinctly man made about the area but I don’t know what it is. I’ll go again.

"Walkers in Haweswater"

"Haweswater"
 
"Howgills above the Dandelion Field"

"The Bluebell Wood"



"Sheep and a Digger"

Comments

Popular Posts