The Leaving April Leaving Do

So the place I've worked at for the past 15 years is due to close in July with all employees being made redundant.  The workforce is leaving at staggered times throughout the year and consequently there is a few leaving do's, the first all inclusive one being the other weekend.

15 years is a considerable time for a young lad like me, it's half of my working life, but I'm relatively nonchalant when it comes to change and goodbyes.  I put it down to my time in the Army.  In the Army they used to put us in rooms that accommodated 8 people and you'd develop quite a close bond with the people you shared a room with.  After 4 months they would move all the people about and the first few times I felt devastated.  Eventually I not only became immune to it but I quite liked the change.

Kerry and I booked a room in the nearest hotel and left Darwin with his Gran, we had a green light to get mental.

I've met some truly lovely people during my time at work, and some I consider to be my best friends.  Aaron, one of Kerry's best friends was there, and totally on form.  I was talking to one lad who was telling me about his ex-girlfriend whom who believed he had made pregnant, however they broke up because he found out she was cheating on him.  During the bit of the conversation where he was telling me how it nearly wrecked his life Aaron turned up and asked quite camp and joyously, "What are we talking about?".  He repeated the story of why he broke up from his girlfriend to Aaron, to which he replied, "She sounds like a fuckin cat!".  He laughed and went on his way.

The night past without scandal or tears but there was a considerable amount of emotion in the room.

There's another leaving do later in the year!

"Courtney & Paul"

"Anthony"

"Kerry & Aaron"

"Hawko & Kerry"



Comments

Popular Posts