Tramp Trying to be Posh

I'm allowing myself to become a little more eccentric.  Last weekend I bought a pair of red trousers and a pair of yellow trousers and yesterday, at a computer Expo (I hate that word, if it is a word!) I took the red trousers for a test drive.

I predicted that 97% of people would be wearing either suits or a smart trouser and shirt combo.  Some casual folk would be wearing jeans and a jacket thing, and maybe, although it's becoming rarer nowadays, there would be a small amount of people wearing jeans and a 'geeky' t-shirt displaying something to do with Star Wars, superheroes or computer irony.  I was right with my prediction and no-one apart from me was wearing red trousers.

The vendors, as you would imagine, were very complimentary towards my attire and curly moustache and I was getting 'looks'.  DSon turned up later in the day and the first words he said were, "What the fuck are you wearing?  You look like a tramp trying to be posh".  This sealed the trouser trial, they're a success and I'll wear them on many more occasions.




Comments

Popular Posts