Are Midgets Chickens?

This weekend I wanted to find a WW2 Officers uniform for the forthcoming War Weekend in Rossendale.  A rank uniform simply won't do, not even a Warrant Officer Class 1.  And even though I may consider being an RAF officer for the day, I will NOT consider being a Naval officer.  I'm fussy aren't I?

Piggy and the big bear wrestled and cuddled in the morning and then we made our way to Bygone Times again.  All the uniforms were tiny, and I've found this on eBay too.  I know I was considerably more slender during my service years but it appears that most of the service men during the second world war were midgets.  OR, is it because all the really short people stood more of a chance of surviving because the taller ones were an easier target to shoot, and hence had their uniforms damaged?  OR, are midgets chickens?

I didn't find anything in Bygone Times so we went to Worden Park and had lunch.  The bluebells are lovely there.

The following day we went to more antique places in Failsworth.  More midget uniforms!

"Piggy and Big Bear Wrestling"

"Piggy and Big Bear Cuddling"

"Bluebells in Worden"

"Bygone Times"

"Here Comes the Train"

"Piggy and a Big Dog"

Comments

Popular Posts