That's My Ducky

We should know better than to go to tourist attractions on on Bank Holiday but today worked out well for us.  Tatton Park was rammed, possibly the fullest I had ever seen it and I did think that this was going to be a nightmare day.

We were all hungry by the time we parked so we made our way to the restaurant.  Even when there is hardly anyone in the park their usual canteen can be a nightmare, so first we tried the Gardeners Cottage restaurant.  We've never been successful getting a seat even during quiet times so I wasn't holding much hope now, but to my amazement we were seated immediately and had a lovely lunch.

Next we went to the gardens and as we joined the queue a man asked, "Are there any National Trust members among you?", I put my hand up and he waved us to come forward.  The sour faced woman in front of us didn't appear to be too amused and in my head I invented a brand new song on the spot which had repeated lyrics of "VIP Mutha Fucker, VIP!".

We walked around the attractive gardens with Piggy spotting aeroplanes and occasionally shouting, "Morning Bob!".  We stopped for a while whilst he tried to entice a rabbit and then again to observe some baby duckies.  When he kept pointing and saying, "That's my ducky" we tried to teach him that no animal can be owned.  He showed us he understood by continually repeating, "That's my ducky".

What a beautiful spring day.

"Piggy by the Pool in the Rose Garden"



"Mummy and Piggy looking at Planes"

"Spring in Tatton"

Comments

Popular Posts