The Insomniac Lovable Pig

Mr Piggy has never been the greatest of sleepers but he’s certainly getting a lot better.  Occasionally, like all infants, he’ll throw a mega tantrum, sometimes in the middle of the night, and no measure of comforting him will ease him.  The other night I tried to force a cuddle on him mid-tantrum and he gave me a right hook that temporarily blinded me in one eye.

(On a separate note, when I was at army college we had to undergo religious studies.  There were no such things as atheists or Muslims in the army at that time but they did split the Catholics from the Protestants. (My school was Catholic!)  The Protestants studied the bible but the Catholics were all put into a room and made to watch ‘The Exorcist’.  I don’t’ know what the point was, but I didn’t complain, both stories are just as fantastical as each other.)

Any road, all that aside, I can’t put into words how much I love Darwin.  Sometimes I watch him fall asleep and I weep.  He has a comfort toy now, a Lego Thomas and he likes to take it everywhere.  Each morning I explain that he can take it to the car but he is not allowed to take it into nursery, and he listens and understands, and the face he pulls during this conversation melts my heart.


He had his hair cut in the Barbers at the weekend and he looks like a little boy again, as opposed to looking like the mental son of Albert Einstein.

"Barber Pig"

"Drying Pig"

"Tanting Pig"

"Setting the Thomas Rules"

Comments

Popular Posts