Dorset and Deaf

From Fareham we travelled down to Dorset again. We love Dorset and one day we may live there.

This time we stopped in a small cottage close to Bridport. It was ‘adequate’ to say the most and it challenged my perception towards the ‘guest book’. I’m aware that we are quite a reserved bunch us English, and is it my place to be brutally honest in a guest book? All the other comments in it were tame and if I were to be honest would it tarnish the entire book? I was honest but in a very constructive way. I hope we get the deposit back!

We took it upon ourselves to visit places we hadn’t been to before, West Bay, Bournemouth, Dorchester and Portland. We walked along Charmouth beach at sunset and I realised that I could easily do this every night given the opportunity.

We spent more time indoors than usual due to it getting dark early. We had taken the Thomas train track down with us and I became quietly thankful we had given birth to a boy. Girl’s presents are shit, but now even before he’s 2 years old he’s getting presents that we can all enjoy. (I say ‘we’, I mean me and the Pig).

I recognised a noticeable change in Darwin over the 2 week period. He gets giddy, he instigates play, he sometimes gives signs that his is listening to reason and he has taken to occasionally calling me ‘Michael’ which makes me laugh.

During this time I became totally deaf in one ear, it’s pretty weird. I went to the doctors last night hoping that they would take out a syringe, extract a huge amount of wax to impress us both and I hoped my hearing would be restored to its former glorious self, if not better. Sadly she said it will probably take about 2 to 3 weeks to get better and told me to eat some Sudafed. I told Kerry that the doctor had found a nut in my ear and she believed me for a brief moment.

"Piggy Plays"

"Piggys Photo of Kerry"

"Portland Bill"

"Me n Piggy in Dorchester"

"Piggy"

"Sunset over Charmouth"

Comments

Popular Posts