Cyclists

Cyclists do my head in at the moment.  The Tour de France is still going on and it appears that everyone and his dog have bikes and lycra.  This is most annoying when I’m in my car and have to quarter my speed to watch 3 middle aged sweaty arses ride side by side.

In Amsterdam it appears everyone has a bike too, but they don’t wear lycra.  It takes a little getting used to because the cyclists believe they have more right of way than the rest.  I only ever hear cyclists shouting at pedestrians, never the other way round, but I don’t mind it.  I might have been conditioned to it having lived in Cambridge for some time.


So I made some time to photograph cyclists.  I would stand for some time in places where I liked the light or where cyclists appeared to zoom past.  I’m sure some of the ladies thought I was trying to photograph up their skirts, and sure you could sometimes see up there, but when that happened I didn’t photograph.







Comments

Popular Posts