Amsterdam

Amsterdam for three nights on my own, Holy...Shit!

So why Amsterdam?  Well it’s less than an hour away, but as far as attitudes are concerned it could be light years away, and this makes for interesting photography.  Plus it’s cheap.

On the plane I found myself sat next to the most twattish men on the planet.  One of them was the marketing director for a popular car manufacturer and the other a colleague.  They constantly talked about material goods, as if they had been brain washed by GQ magazine or some other definitive men’s magazine, with tips on how to look sharp and other advice on what they should find sexy and good.  It was interminable.

One had a Brietling Emergency 2 chronograph made from titanium.  It can work at a depth of 500m and is available in 3 different colours.  It retails at $14,000 and if you’re ever in an emergency it can transmit a distress beacon on 3 different frequencies.  So if you’re on special ops in the SAS, or a fighter pilot that’s been downed behind enemy lines, or sailing solo around the world, this is the watch for you.  The owner of this watch worked in an office and conveniently lived only 5 minutes from his work place.  Maybe he was expecting to have a proper mad time in Amsterdam.  The other twat had a man in Germany and another in Devon who he bought all his watches from.  He preferred the classic Rolex’s.
“I’ve got a Rolex Yachtmaster II, well I haven’t got it yet, it’s on order.  My submariner is being serviced at the mo, only costs £500 to service, absolute bargain.”  And he went on and on and on and on......

Both of them had iPhones and I was going to mention that I think you could get an App to tell the time and that, plus you can make an emergency call if you got into trouble, for free!  But that would have meant talking to them and I wasn’t keen on that.


I landed in Amsterdam and slowly made my way to my hotel.  On the journey I thought about what I would photograph during my stay.  Prostitutes, Non-Prostitutes and Cyclists would be my main subjects.

"Schipol Train Station"

"The Bulldog Coffee Shop"


"The I Amsterdam thing"

Comments

Popular Posts