Parents Day

I had my very first ‘Parents’ event at nursery on Friday.  It wasn't good I’m afraid, they said, “we can’t understand a word he says, he constantly throws food about like a chimp and he keeps shitting his pants”.

Obviously they didn't say that and everything was perfect.  We sat and watched him at first as he quietly sat with the other kids eating an afternoon snack, and then we went into the woods.  We were shown the mud kitchen and the swing, their favourite climbing tree and we sat around the camp fire near to the hot chocolate hut.

Piggy showed us how he played.  He loves to push stuff and he likes water and mud.  And he was presented with a certificate for ‘learning how to climb and play”.


My life is being presented with lots of “Flash Gordon” death moments at the minute, full of little piggy scenes.  He squeezed my nose the other night which prompts me to make a honking noise and then he squeezed his own nose and made his own honking noise.  It felt like I was listening to him speak because essentially he was saying the same thing as me, it sounded beautiful.  And we sat together on the couch and watched a bit of Mary Poppins the other day, I wasn't watching, I was watching Darwin.  The love that that child has made me feel is unbelievable.

"Fran & Darwin"

"Piggy Pushing the Wheel Barrow"

"Piggy On & In the Swing"

Comments

Popular Posts