Your Baby Looks Like a Fuckin Frog

I knew a chap who had a baby and he proudly displayed a photo of it in his office.  I was in the office once and one of his colleagues, a woman in her 50's who had had several children herself, said, "Aww, what do you think of [name omitted] baby?".  "It looks like a fuckin frog", I replied.  And it did, and not a pretty one either, a fuckin really scary one with monocular vision. (I'll add at this point that the guy wasn't in the room at the time!  Of course I would have agreed that it was the most beautiful thing on this planet if he was.  (And the planet I would have been thinking of, and therefore referring to as "this planet", would have been in a far off distant galaxy supported by several sun and be predominantly swamp!)

I've seen the child since and it's actually quite a good looking kid now but I'm not going back on my word, it was a really scary baby.  I was without child myself then and wonder if I would have thought that now.  I still think I would have thought it although I doubt I would have been as vocally expressive.

At one stage Darwin had a funny shaped head, "Lego Head" Kerry's brother affectionately called him, but I still thought he was beautiful.  I guess you do if it's yours.

Here's a pretty pic of Darwin.



Comments

Popular Posts