Easter

A week off from work, wow! Sure there would be some obligatory DIY but most of the time would be filled with the joys of Darwin and Bunster.

Darwin is changing rapidly at the moment. He now points and most things and asks, “That?”. I know the grammar is atrocious but I like it. I think he means, “What is that?”. He also says “Uh Ohh” and gives himself reason to say it by purposely throwing food on the floor.

He now knows how the bath plug works, can fill his Bath Penguin with water, switches the light switch On and Off and can feed himself a bottle.

We have some animal cue cards and I show these to Darwin whilst naming the animal, and where appropriate I make the noise that animal makes. I’m not too sure what noise a Rhino or a Giraffe makes but he now makes a baby roar when I show him the picture of the lion and he nearly says “Birdie” when he is shown the Parrots. For now I’m portraying the Polar Bear as a fluffy cute animal and I’ll make a mental note to remind him before he’s 16 that it can actually rip your face off.

I am quite insistent though that he knows the difference between an Ape and a Monkey from an early age.

"Self Feeding Piggy"

"The Pig and Penguin"

"Chillin on the Tail Plate of a Tranny"

Comments

Popular Posts