Nearly Met Mi Dad

Kerry often talks about going to see my Dad.  It’s been more than 12 years since I spoke to him last and she thinks that it wouldn't be fair on Darwin to not introduce him to his grandad.  I have mixed views, OK a long time has passed since I last saw him and that makes things a little awkward, but I could get over that if I thought he wanted to see his Grandson.  My other reservation is my Dad & Stepmother are a bit weird, and I really don’t have a problem with good and wacky weird but this isn't the type of weird they are.  She can be a bit offensive at times and I’m not convinced that a visit from us wouldn't simply translate as unwanted hassle for him.

However, I spoke to Paulette (my Step Sister) for the first time in a while and she suggested that it might be a good idea to all meet up together on Easter Saturday.  She and her husband were going to do some work on their driveway anyway and this might be a good opportunity to break the ice.  Sensibly I told Paulette to speak to them first about our visit, I didn't want anyone having a heart attack and I didn't want us to be unwanted guests.

The conversation she had with her mother ended up with Paulette in tears and subsequently slamming the phone down stating that, “you’re no Mother of mine!”.  I guess they weren't so open to a visit then!

Despite being a little apprehensive part of me was hoping that the visit would go ahead and my dad would be excited to see his Grandson.  However the other part of me is positively indifferent about it all.  I know Darwin gets excited seeing anyone and would have enjoyed it no matter what, but I doubt my dad would be bothered either way.  So I’m going to leave it.


Despite that we met up with Paulette and Shaun (her husband) in Skipton on Monday.  I doubt there are any nicer or more pleasant people in this land, and they’re so beautifully matched.  They bought Darwin a crocodile hat and a wooden truck, he was ever so spoiled and thoroughly enjoyed himself.

"Piggy's got a Brand New Hat"

"Darwin and Aunty Paulette"

"Darwin and Uncle Shaun"

Comments

Popular Posts