The Car Spa, Rossendale

In a previous post I said that "The Car Spa" in Rossendale was a crackin place to get your car valeted, I'm now taking this back.

Yesterday, whilst getting my car cleaned by a man who spoke in a cockney accent at the afore-mentioned business, he clipped my front registration plate with his wellington boot.  We made eye contact and he promptly came to my window and said, "Sorry sir, I just caught your registration plate with my welly, it hasn't done anything".  I trusted him.  My engine was running and my car was covered in suds so I simply chose to believe him.

When I got home and parked the car up I gave it an admiring look to see how shiny and clean it looked in the Spring sunshine.  The registration plate was bent and was protruding at 45 degrees away from the car.  It wasn't the monetary damage that was the issue here, it was the blatant lie.  I fixed the plate by removing it and bending it back into place but it's left a crease in the lettering.  If the lad had told me I would have said, "That's OK, don't worry about it, I'll put it right when I get home", but he didn't, he lied.  I constantly tell Kerry to have faith in humanity and trust people, now I feel like I've been fucked over!

The problem is now, even if the business was to apologise I don't think I could ever go back.  Some of the guys who work there look like they're right out of Strangeways.  One of the big guys with tattoos was talking to another chap with more tattoos.  One of the tattoos was his entire forearm covered in tattoo ink and he had a teardrop tattoed by his eye.  Wikipedia says, "In the United States, it can mean the wearer has killed someone.  The number of teardrops may indicate the number of years spent in prison, or the number of times the wearer was raped.  It may also indicate the loss of a loved one or fellow gang member".  Jesus ... Christ!

I fear now that I've left a sarcastic remark on their Facebook page if I was to go back it would be no surprise if they valeted my car with the help of 28lb sledgehammers.

Comments

Popular Posts