Leah's Nine

We had a double helping of swimming this weekend and Darwin is getting pretty good at it.  I witnessed him under the water looking quite comfortable where other times he’s looked like he’s actually screaming under water whilst trying to force a poo out.

Afterwards we had another visit to the City Gallery.  It was mainly because we were in the area and we needed lunch, but we do love the place.  Well done Manchester!

We then made our way to Leah’s house whose birthday it was, she’s 9.  Darwin’s eyes light up when he sees Leah and he laughs a lot.  He’s a very sociable boy and from my observations, so far quite kind and considerate.  Whilst all the kids were playing with various toys and other things, Darwin spotted a brush.  He goes crazy for brushes, I wonder if he’ll be a little OCD like his mother?

I really don’t mean to be disparaging here one bit, but a do love to photograph the “working class”.  And I’m aware that my use of the phrase “working class” isn’t correct here, and I’m working class myself, and I assure you I’m not being condescending, so what do I mean?  Do I mean poor?  Do I mean less fortunate?  I certainly mean small houses, sometimes terraced houses in built up areas, what we used to call council houses.  I mean parents who smoke and swear, I mean kids playing in the street, I mean frazzles and cheesy puffs on a buffet, houses that need decorating and sometimes smell of dog and chips.  I mean a police presence on the streets, tattoos, litter, the remnants of an old bonfire, I mean the odd undesirable!  Like I said, I in no way mean any form of condescension; I truly mean I prefer to photograph these kinds of people.

And I love my SLR.  I think I’ve become too reliant on my iPhone as a camera, it’s fun but it isn’t an SLR.


Darwin was asleep shortly after getting home and he remained that way for the night.

"Leah"

"Shnai & Tall Man"

"Darwin"

"Darwin + Brush"

"Darwin on a Door Step"

Comments

Popular Posts