Mothers Day

We went to Denton today to meet up with Kerry’s mother and Leah & Shnai again at a Brewers Fayre pub.  It has a Kiddies activity thing, serves food and is convenient to the motorway.

As you would imagine, with it being Mothers Day they only had 2 very big bouncers on the door.  “Bouncers on Mothers Day, in the afternoon?”, I hear you ask.  Well yes, and if you were there you would understand.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen as much Butt Crack in my life, and are you familiar with the word “Gunt”?

I think most of the children there had been given a kiddies meal and told to politely “F*ck Off and play” whilst the parents drank themselves into a stupor.  I pushed Darwin around the play area in his tricycle whilst kids came up and pointed at Darwin and the bike and asked questions like, “What’s he doin there?”, “What’s that doin?” and “Can I push him?”.  If I had agreed to the last request I very much doubt that the tricycle would have wheels by now and I also doubt whether I would still have a son.


Saying that, we all had a nice time and the food was reasonable for the price.  The play area also had a wheel of random letters that allowed kids to spell stuff.  It didn’t allow the spelling of Class A swear words, or even “Bollocks”, but I did manage to spell something.

"The Spelling Thing"

"Kerry & Piggy"

"Leah & Darwin"

"Piggys Got a Brand New Pint Holder"

Comments

Popular Posts