Great Tits, Shame You're Dead

Simon and Thea were up in Kendal house sitting so we went up to visit.  They were sitting a lovely farm house complete with a mad young dog named Bella.  I love wrestling dogs and this was the wrestling type.  There’s a difference between wrestling and mauling and although I’ve never tried it I imagine I wouldn’t be too keen on a mauling.

We went for a short walk and watched lambs jumping and frolicking.  Don’t lambs become rubbish quickly?  Sheep are rubbish and miserable, I wonder if it’s a nature or nurture thing?  I wonder if a lamb could be brought up to remain fun and frolicky?

Simon and Thea do this house sitting thing full time for the moment and they’re booked up til June so far.  He’s illustrating and she’s writing and counselling.  How Bohemian is that?


One slightly funny but macabre thing was the glass wall at the side of the house.  All around the farm were birds playing and feeding, predominantly blue and great tits.  I think one of the games they play is “How fast can we fly around the farm premises?”.  They aren’t as yet aware of the existence or properties of the glass wall and consequently birds die.  For the second time this week Simon has found a dead bird at the foot of the wall.

I don't take enough images with my big camera!

"Bella"

"Pig Pulls his Tongues, Women Gab"

"Simon & Thea"

"Dead Tit"

"Pig with Dog"

Comments

Popular Posts